The Battle of the Press Release

July 8, 2009

Well it looks like the German Grand Prix is following in the tradition started at the British Grand Prix when the war between FIA and FOTA flared up. Today it’s happened again. First FIA issued a press release saying that FOTA had walked out of a technical regulations meeting, FOTA then countered with a release saying that the reason they had walked out was that they had been told that they were not confirmed entrants for 2010 (despite a statement following the Paris meeting which said they were) and so were not able to influence the decisions made at that meeting – so they walked out. One interesting point is that rather than maintain silence against the barrage of FIA press releases, FOTA now seem to be responding in kind. Sadly it looks like things are going to get worse before they get better.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: